- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council - September, 21 2021
Student Advisory Council - September, 21 2021
City of Titusville
STUDENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 4:00 p.m.
Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796
Any person who decides to appeal any decision of the Student Advisory Council with respect to any matter considered at this meeting will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings be made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. The City desires to accommodate persons with disabilities. Accordingly, any physically handicapped persons, pursuant to Chamber 286.26 Florida Statutes, should, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, submit a written request to the chairpersons that the physically handicapped person desires to attend the meeting.
I. CALL TO ORDER - Co-Chairperson Ben Hamilton (N. Brevard Home School)
II. DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
III. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting of August 17, 2021.
V. NEW BUSINESS
VI. OLD BUSINESS
- Improve the DrinkDriveDie.com Webpage and Initiate Related Projects, such as continue to update the 2008 Last Dance Prom Video – City Digital Media Compliance Specialist Kurtis Korwan will provide your Council info on updating The Last Dance video---a multi-year/carry forward project. Continue planning and take on assignments to complete the project. Additionally, if desired, discuss or provide your Council’s webmaster(s) direction to enhance DrinkDriveDie.com.
- Host the Community Service Earthwise event in the Fall of 2021 – In August, your Council decided to hold a beach clean-up on either Saturdays, October 16 or 23rd, 2021 and distribute literature. Continue planning and take on assignments to host the project. (Example tasks: Permission with Canaveral National Seashore---a previous task with a prior beach clean-up (who is doing this?). Literature materials? Advertising at your schools? Trash bags? Bottled water for guests (if desired)? Start and end times, etc.?)
- Host a Youth Leadership Seminar in Spring of 2022 – Continue planning using the planning guide in the meeting agenda packet. Take on assignments.
- Florida League of Cities Municipal Youth Photo Contest – In August, your Council had no objection to Vice-Chairperson Sevor submitting a contest entry on behalf of your Council during the 2021/2022 term (extra goal). All materials must be received by the League no later than October 29, 2021.
VII. MEMBER REPORTS
VIII. STAFF LIAISON REPORT
- Action items:
- City Sustainability Plan – In August, City Environmental Sustainability Planner R. Muller briefed your Council on the Planning Department’s desire to obtain your Council’s input on an upcoming professional document that is being planned and underway, which will address environmental sustainability. Staff is requesting your Council’s permission to add this as a future agenda item, but which also may be an appropriate component for the 2022 Student Leadership Seminar and the theme of the City’s future growth and ecosystem.
- October 2021 Student Advisory Council Meeting – The City Hall elevator will be down for repairs in the near future. The start date of the repairs is unknown. During the repairs and for legal accessibility purposes, all Council and board meetings will be held across the street at the Fire Department; however, your Council’s regular meeting in October (October 19, 2021) is one date that was not available on the Fire Department’s meeting room calendar. For this reason, City staff suggests that your Council discuss and vote on an alternative meeting date for your October meeting, only for contingency planning purposes (if needed). To this, City staff offers the following dates that do not conflict with other public meetings at the City: Monday, October 18 or Thursdays, October 21 or 28, 2021.
- Informational Items:
- Council Budget – The available funding for SAC projects (Projects account nos. GFCC01 and GFCC04) is included in this agenda packet.
- Polo Shirt Order Form – Members may submit forms to City Liaison Emily Campbell.
- Media Waiver Release – If you have not done so, please submit your completed form (included in the orientation packet) to City staff Liaison Emily Campbell.
- Meeting Agendas & Delivery Methods – Following the first SAC meeting on August 17, 2021, the monthly SAC meeting agenda will be emailed to you at least five (5) calendar days prior to each meeting; however, the City liaison sometimes has trouble with emails being undeliverable. Please note: It is SAC Members’ responsibility to get the agenda and review it prior to your meetings (to prepare for discussions, ideas, voting, etc.).
Another option - pick-up hardcopy of the SAC meeting agenda from City Hall: Visit the Information Desk on the first floor of City Hall and ask for a hardcopy of the SAC agenda packet. A hardcopy of the agenda will also be available at your meetings.
Reminder your Council’s regular meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month
at 4PM, August through April, at Titusville City Hall.
Special meetings may be scheduled as necessary.
(City of Titusville Resolution 1-2017).