- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council - January 20, 2022
Student Advisory Council - January 20, 2022
Student Advisory Council
January 20, 2022
The 2021/2022 Student Advisory Council (SAC) met in regular session on Tuesday, January 20, 2022, in the Council chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 South Washington Avenue, Titusville, Florida.
Co-Chairperson Ben Hamilton called the meeting to order at 3:55 p.m.
Present were Co-Chairperson Ben Hamilton, Co-Chairperson Emilee Ellis and Co-Chairperson Jacob Phillips, Vice-Chairperson Savannah Sevor, Secretary Edie Pringle, and Members Callie Cerrato, Aliyah Deimeke, Richie Dobbs, Addison Flake, Ben Hamilton, Victoria Hillery, Julia Moon and Aiden Sperr.
Also present was City staff liaison Emily Campbell.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT – None.
Member Edie Pringle moved to approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting on December 21, 2021, as written. Vice-Chairperson Sevor seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
Annual Report to City Council - Council’s governing resolution requires your Council to present an annual report to the City Council each April. Additionally, by April 2021, your Council must solidify 2-4 goals for your successors. Refer to your Council’s mission statement.
Member Edie Pringle volunteered to write the beach cleanup report and Member Aliyah Deimeke volunteered to present the report.
Co-Chairperson Ben Hamilton volunteered to write the student leadership report.
Member Callie Cerrato volunteered to write and present The Last Dance report.
Member Callie Cerrato also volunteered to write the introduction and conclusion of the report and Co-Chairperson Ben Hamilton volunteered to present it.
Vice-Chairperson Savannah Sevor volunteered to solidify 2-4 goals for next year’s council.
Continue to update the 2008 Last Dance Prom Video – The Last Dance video script was approved at the November 16, 2021 meeting. Continue to establish a timeline to complete the project and decide on roles for video. If desired, discuss or provide your Council’s webmaster Vice-Chairperson Sevor direction to enhance DrinkDriveDie.com.
Host a Youth Leadership Seminar in Spring of 2022 – at Parrish Medical Center (951 N. Washington Ave.
Council discussed who was providing the biographies. Member Edie Pringle stated that she would provide Mary Pringle’s biography. Member Callie Cerrato stated that she would provide Jarod Bales’ biography. Member Julia Moon stated that she would provide Mike Knights biography.
Council also decided on doing the same icebreaker that they used at the 2020 Youth Leadership Seminar.
Council discussed the program and made decisions on who was completing each task for the seminar.
MEMBER REPORTS – None.
STAFF LIASON REPORT
- DrinkDriveDie.com Domain Renewal – At the December 21, 2021 meeting council authorized City staff to retain the name rights to DrinkDriveDie.com. The renewal cost $38.34 instead of the estimated $90.00 from the Project Account No. GFCC04 (Balance $1,847.77).
- March 15, 2022 Student Advisory Council Meeting – There is a staff workshop meeting on March 15, 2022 the Student Advisory Council meeting will be held in the Multipurpose Room, 2nd Floor, Fire Department Headquarters, 550 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796 at 4:00 PM.
Council discussed rescheduling the March meeting because it took place during spring break.
- Council Budget – The available funding for SAC projects (Projects account nos. GFCC01 and GFCC04) was included in the agenda packet.
- Polo Shirt Order Form – Members may submit forms to City Liaison Emily Campbell.
- Student Advisory Council 2022/2023 Appointments – Nominations to serve on the 2022/2023 Student Advisory Council (SAC) are due from the High School Advisors by/before April 1, 2022. Contact your SAC High School Advisor quickly to ask about any school application requirements or based on if you would like to be considered or re-appointed for the 2021/2022 term.
- Council Scholarship Award Policy – Per policy, Senior members must submit the application for the scholarship award to Emily Campbell (City staff liaison), with prior annual attest statements for the accrued scholarship award no later than March 1st of the year of their graduation. This form was provided to all members in the annual orientation packet. Please note: For the remainder of the 2021-2022 SAC term, staff will monitor each senior’s qualification status and provide her or him with an annual attest form at your last regular meeting in April. Scholarships will be presented at the City Council meeting on April 26, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
- Media Waiver Release – If you have not done so, please submit your completed form to City staff Liaison Emily Campbell.
With no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 4:29 p.m.