- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council -February 15, 2022
Student Advisory Council -February 15, 2022
Student Advisory Council
February 15, 2022
The 2021/2022 Student Advisory Council (SAC) met in regular session on Tuesday, February, 2022, in the Council chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 South Washington Avenue, Titusville, Florida.
Co-Chairperson Emilee Ellis called the meeting to order at 4:01 p.m.
Present were Co-Chairperson Ben Hamilton, Co-Chairperson Emilee Ellis and Co-Chairperson Jacob Phillips, Vice-Chairperson Savannah Sevor, Secretary Edie Pringle, and Members Callie Cerrato, Aliyah Deimeke, Richie Dobbs and Julia Moon. Victoria Hillery joined the meeting via Microsoft Teams.
Members Addison Flake, Aiden Sperr and Rich Dobbs were absent.
Also present was City staff liaison Emily Campbell.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT – None.
Member Edie Pringle moved to approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting on January 20, 2022, as written. Member Julia Moon seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
NEW BUSINESS – None.
Host a Youth Leadership Seminar on March 3, 2022 at Parrish Medical Center (951 N. Washington Ave.) Sustainability Planner Rachel Muller will be here to answer questions.
Sustainability Planner Rachel Muller distributed a handout that highlighted as follows:
- Historic Destination
- No Feature
- Barrier Island
- Earthquake Fault Line
Staff Liaison Emily Campbell asked council who was able to bring a ball for the ice breaker. Member Callie Cerrato stated that she could bring two balls for the ice breaker.
Staff Liaison Emily Campbell asked council who wanted to help set up the night before. Vice-Chair Sevor and Co-Chair Ben Hamilton volunteered to help set up for the Youth Leadership Seminar at Parish Medical Center on March 2, 2022 at 5:30 PM.
Annual Report to City Council – Your Council’s governing resolution requires your Council to present an annual report to the City Council each April. The annual report is a summary of your Council’s accomplishments during your term, but which also includes recommendations to your successors. In order to write and organize this report, individual members of your Council, typically in January and February, accept assignments or volunteer to write each of the report’s sections (normally based on 2-4 projects/goals).
Additionally, by April 2022, your Council must solidify 2-4 goals for your successors. Refer to your Council’s mission statement.
Vice-Chair Sevor reviewed the goals for next year with council which included:
- Beach Clean up
- Longest table event
- Last Dance Video
- Mock-City Council
Continue to update the 2008 Last Dance Prom Video –The Last Dance video script was approved at the November 16, 2021 meeting. Continue to establish a timeline to complete the project and decide on roles for video. If desired, discuss or provide your Council’s webmaster Vice-Chairperson Sevor direction to enhance DrinkDriveDie.com.
Council asked if Senior Media Specialist Kurtis Korwin was able to attend the next meeting. Staff Liaison Emily Campbell stated that she would ask him to attend.
MEMBER REPORTS – None.
STAFF LIASON REPORT
1. March 15, 2022 Student Advisory Council Meeting – There is a staff workshop meeting on March 15, 2022 the Student Advisory Council meeting will be held in the Multipurpose Room, 2nd Floor, Fire Department Headquarters, 550 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796 at 4:00 PM.
At the January 20, 2022 meeting council discussed rescheduling the meeting to March 8, 2022. This will not work because there is a Community Redevelopment Agency meeting this day that Staff Liaison Emily Campbell has to attend and take minutes.
Council came to a consensus to hold the meeting on March 8, 2022 but to end the meeting by 4:45 PM so Staff Liaison Emily Campbell had time to prepare for her Community Redevelopment Agency meeting at 5:30 PM.
1. Council Budget – The available funding for SAC projects (Projects account nos. GFCC01 and GFCC04) was included in the agenda packet.
2. Polo Shirt Order Form – Members may pick up their shirts from City Liaison Emily Campbell.
3. Student Advisory Council 2022/2023 Appointments – Nominations to serve on the 2022/2023 Student Advisory Council (SAC) are due from the High School Advisors by/before April 1, 2022. Contact your SAC High School Advisor quickly to ask about any school application requirements or based on if you would like to be considered or re-appointed for the 2021/2022 term.
4. Council Scholarship Award Policy – Per policy, Senior members must submit the application for the scholarship award to Emily Campbell (City staff liaison), with prior annual attest statements for the accrued scholarship award no later than March 1st of the year of their graduation. This form was provided to all members in the annual orientation packet.
Please note: For the remainder of the 2021-2022 SAC term, staff will monitor each senior’s qualification status and provide her or him with an annual attest form at your last regular meeting in April. Scholarships will be presented at the City Council meeting on April 26, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
5. Media Waiver Release – If you have not done so, please submit your completed form to City staff Liaison Emily Campbell.
With no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 4:27 p.m.