- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council - April 19, 2022
Student Advisory Council - April 19, 2022
Student Advisory Council
April 19, 2022
The 2021/2022 Student Advisory Council (SAC) met in regular session on Tuesday, April 19, 2022, in the Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796.
Co-Chairperson Ben Hamilton called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
Present were Co-Chairperson Ben Hamilton, Co-Chairperson Jacob Phillips, Vice-Chairperson Savannah Sevor Secretary Edie Pringle, and members Aliyah Deimeke, Aiden Sperr, Addison Flake, Callie Cerrato, Julia Moon and Victoria Hillery.
Co-Chairperson Emilee Ellis, and Member Richie Dobbs were absent.
Also present was City staff liaison Emily Campbell.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT – None.
Co-Chairperson Jacob Phillips moved to approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting on March 8, 2022, as written. Member Edie Pringle seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
NEW BUSINESS – None.
Annual Report to City Council – Your Council’s governing resolution requires your Council to present an annual report to the City Council each April. The annual report is a summary of your Council’s accomplishments during your term, but which also includes recommendations to your successors. Discuss report and go over report with members who are presenting.
Council reviewed the final report and discussed who would present each part of the report.
Continue to update the 2008 Last Dance Prom Video – The Last Dance video script was approved at the November 16, 2021 meeting. Continue to establish a timeline to complete the project and decide on roles for video. If desired, discuss or provide your Council’s webmaster Vice-Chairperson Sevor direction to enhance DrinkDriveDie.com. Media Specialist Kurtis Korwin will be there to answer questions and discuss timeline.
Council came to a consensus to table this item until the August 2022 meeting.
MEMBER REPORTS – None.
STAFF LIASON REPORT
Action items: None.
- Council Budget – The available funding for SAC projects (Projects account nos. GFCC01 and GFCC04) was included in the agenda packet.
- Student Advisory Council 2022/2023 Appointments – Nominations to serve on the 2022/2023 Student Advisory Council (SAC) are due from the High School Advisors by/before April 1, 2022. Contact your SAC High School Advisor quickly to ask about any school application requirements or based on if you would like to be considered or re-appointed for the 2021/2022 term.
- April 26, 2022 City Council Meeting – Seniors will be presented scholarships at the City Council meeting on April 26, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. At this meeting the annual report to City Council will also be presented.
- Seniors – If you need a letter of recommendation or a letter for Community Service Credit Hours and/or Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program please let me know.
With no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 4:14 p.m.