- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council - November 15, 2022
Student Advisory Council - November 15, 2022
City of Titusville
STUDENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 4:00 p.m.
Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796
Any person who decides to appeal any decision of the Student Advisory Council with respect to any matter considered at this meeting will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings be made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. The City desires to accommodate persons with disabilities. Accordingly, any physically handicapped persons, pursuant to Chamber 286.26 Florida Statutes, should, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, submit a written request to the chairpersons that the physically handicapped person desires to attend the meeting.
I. CALL TO ORDER - Co-Chairperson Savannah Sevor (AHS)
II. DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
III. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting of October 15, 2022.
V. NEW BUSINESS
A. Mock City Council (MCC) – March 9, 2023 – Review Mock City Council planning guide.
Develop the Mock City Council Agenda – Create one or two presentation items (2-5 minutes each) Some ideas: important community issues or programs; data requested by Council; sports team or chorus championship recognition; employee of the month or department achievement; etc. (Page 7)
All other agenda items - Review list of agenda item choices, which were once real items previously voted upon by the real City Council. SAC should discuss and chose one item from each City Department. City Liaison Emily Campbell can provide more information on agenda items if requested. (Page 12)
Publicizing – Discuss whether any applications have been received and make further elective assignments to draw attention and participants to the event.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
- Improve the DrinkDriveDie.com Webpage and continue to update The Last Dance Video – Review and discuss The Last Dance Video script casting call and discuss next steps. Senior Media Specialist Kurtis Korwin will be available for questions. If desired, discuss or provide your Council’s webmaster Vice-Chairperson Sevor direction to enhance DrinkDriveDie.com.
- Host a beach cleanup at Playalinda Beach – At the October 18, 2022 SAC meeting member Cadyn Fiebig stated that Titusville High Schools JROTC was also holding a beach cleanup on November 19, 2022 and the SAC was welcome to join. Vice-Chairperson Edie Pringle stated that she would contact Canaveral National Seashore please give update to SAC.
VII. MEMBER REPORTS – Student Advisory Council (SAC) Members may individually share info they feel may benefit other SAC members, the community, etc.
STAFF LIAISON REPORT
- Action items – none.
- Informational Items:
- Council Budget – For your information: the available funding for SAC projects (Projects account nos. GFCC01 and GFCC04) is included in this agenda packet.
- Polo Shirt Order Form – If you ordered a Student Advisory Council Polo Shirt please pick up from City Liaison Emily Campbell at the end of meeting.
- Media Waiver Release – All media wavers have been received, thank you!
- Meeting Agendas & Delivery Methods – Following the first SAC meeting on August 16, 2022, the monthly meeting agenda will be emailed to you at least five (5) calendar days prior to each meeting; however, emails are sometimes undeliverable. To this, it is each SAC Member’s responsibility to get and review meeting agendas prior to your meetings.
Another option - pick-up hardcopy of the SAC meeting agenda from City Hall (Information Desk). A hardcopy of the agenda will also be available at meetings.
Reminder your Council’s regular meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month
at 4PM, August through April, at Titusville City Hall.
Special meetings may be scheduled as necessary.
(City of Titusville Resolution 1-2017).