City Manager Updates
City of Titusville COVID-19 Update/SITREP as of 17-September-20 / 9am
As of September 16, 2020 at 0925am, in Brevard County there are 8097 COVID-19 cases (8071 Brevard residents and 26 non-residents) with 752 hospitalizations and 266 fatalities. In Titusville there are 513 COVID-19 cases.
Parrish Medical Center is providing testing in North Brevard by appointment only. You must pre-register at: http://www.parrishhealthcare.com/covid19registration or by calling 321-268-6139 or text “covid test” to 321-204-1699.
Testing locations and times are:
• Parrish Health and Fitness Center parking lot 2210 Cheney Highway in Titusville on Tuesday afternoons.
• St. James Missionary Baptist Church 2396 Harry T. Moore Ave in Mims on Wednesday afternoons.
• Harry T. Moore Social Services Center 725 S. Deleon Ave Titusville on Thursday afternoons.
• Parrish Medical Offices 7075 US 1 Port St. John on Friday mornings.
• Gibson Youth Center 835 Sycamore St. Titusville on Saturday mornings.
The UF/Brevard Extension Service is hosting two farmer’s market locations where eligible residents can obtain CARES Act dollars for vendor purchases.
- Thursdays at Wickham Park, 2500 Parkway Drive Melbourne, 3-6 PM.
- Fridays at 3-6pm at the Titusville Welcome Center Julia Street parking lot located at 419 South Hopkins Avenue.
- 1st and 3rd Saturdays at Riverview Park in Melbourne from 10am to 3pm.
- 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 4220 Dixie Highway NE in Palm Bay from 10am to 2 pm.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has created a back to School Planning Checklists to Guide Parents, Guardians, and Caregivers website. Here’s the link to that website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/parent-checklist.html
Applicants for the Brevard County Rental and Mortgage Assistance Program, Utility and Security Deposit Program, and a Food Stability Program must review and submit all of the required documents and attachments to qualify for assistance as instructed on this website link: https://www.brevardfl.gov/HumanServices/newsItem/2020/05/26/coronavirus-assistance-program-application
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention offers tips on how to select, wear, and clean your mask/face covering: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html
The CDC has updated its recommendations for Travel during the COVID-19 Pandemic: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html
Florida Department of Health Daily Report: http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partners/covid19_report_archive/state_reports_latest.pdf
Florida Department of Health Daily Report by County: http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partners/covid19_report_archive/county_reports_latest.pdf
National Preparedness Month (MPM) is recognized each September to promote family and community disaster planning now and throughout the year. The 2020 National Preparedness Month theme is “Disasters Don’t Wait. Make Your Plan Today”.
To learn how to make a plan visit the following link: https://www.ready.gov/september