- Titusville Flag and Memorial Committee
- Flag & Memorial Committee Agenda 1-17-2023
Flag & Memorial Committee Agenda 1-17-2023
Flag and Memorial Committee
December 20, 2022
The Flag and Memorial Committee met in regular session on December 20, 2022, at the
American Space Museum, 308 Pine Street, Titusville, FL 32796
Chairman Therriault called the meeting to order at 10:58 a.m. Members present: Member Fuller, Member Patton, Member Marquette, Member Rathborne and Member Lister. Also present was Secretary/Staff Liaison, Gail Gilchrist, City of Titusville.
- CALL TO ORDER: Meeting was called to order at 10:58 a.m. by Chairman Therriault.
- DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM: A quorum was met.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Approval of minutes for the November 15, 2022 meeting: A motion to approve the November 15, 2022 minutes was made by Member Lister, seconded by Member Patton, it passed unanimously.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Constitution Day: Chairman Therriault stated he has not heard back from Jim Tulley concerning this event.
- Astronaut Memorial Ceremony: Chairman Therriault stated he spoke to Navid and was told the Israeli Council will be in attendance with the Israeli Council Consulate to attend. It will open with the U.S. National Anthem and flag presentation then the Israeli National Anthem will be played. Nicole Stott will be the guest speaker. Member Marquette suggested opening the Space Museum and having a reception there after the ceremony. Discussion about this event ensued.
- NEW BUSINESS
- FUND RAISER ACTIVITES
This was tabled due to the committee having sufficient funds.
- ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
Member Fuller: stated Karen is doing a program tomorrow night at Sand Point Park beginning at 5:00 p.m. for the homeless.
Member Lister: stated the day before Wreaths Across America she took down the flags at the Day Street cemetery and that some of them are getting ragged.
Member Patton: stated he is still trying to get someone to take his place. He said there is an Israeli flag at the DAV. He will be moving again in April.
Member Rathborne: VAC had the Fly-In-Breakfast but stated due to the heavy fog it was not well attended. VAC had a Christmas party but she was unable to attend.
Member Marquette: stated the museum is doing awesome with attendance up. Yesterday marked the 713 episode of the Stay Curious podcast. April 16, 2023 at the Hilton in Cocoa there will be a Shuttle Fest II program. Discussion ensued about the vagrants at Space View Park.
CAP – encampment will be in two weeks and there will be approximately 450 participants at Camp Landing. This is the first year they will have Airforce Transport and will be able to fly in it. He said they broke all kinds of records with Wreaths Across America. Discussion ensued.
KOC – Christmas trees were sold out within a week. There will be no Polish night, however, they will do a fat Tuesday with a pancake supper.
- Meeting was adjourned at 11:50 a.m.