The City of Titusville offers exemptions, per Florida State Statute 205.162, to qualify please provide documentation of the following:
- Charitable, educational and religious institutions
- Disabled honorably discharged veterans
- Individuals 65 or older (See Florida Statute 205.162)
- Other disabled individuals
- Unremarried spouses of disabled veterans
- Widows with minor dependents
Confirming Exemption Qualification
If you believe you qualify for an exemption, please contact the Business Tax Receipt (BTR) office at 321-567-3758 to discuss the specific requirements and the amount of exemption.
Business Tax Receipt
Although you may qualify for an exemption, a Business Tax Receipt is still required to conduct business in the City of Titusville and will be issued either free of charge or at a reduced rate.
Requirements to Apply
The following items may be required when you apply:
- Home Occupation Affidavit
- If you own your home we will need a copy of proof of ownership, which can be found at Brevard County Property Appraiser’s Office.
- Property Owner’s Affidavit
- If you do not own your home (if you rent or lease) the owner of the home needs to complete the property owner affidavit form which needs to be notarized.
- If you are naming your business anything other than your given name, you need to apply for a fictitious name or LLC at sunbiz.org before you can apply for your business tax receipt. We need a copy of your fictitious name, incorporated or LLC paperwork from Sunbiz.
For BTR applications, property owner affidavit, and home occupations affidavit please contact Lori Roberts at 321-567-3758 or email Lori Roberts.