The Water Production Division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of drinking water treatment facilities that include 1 water treatment plant (the Mourning Dove), 1 pumping facility (Armstrong), 3 wellfields, and 6.5 million gallons of drinking water storage.
At the Mourning Dove, the water is treated to drinking water quality standards and is staffed around-the-clock by licensed operators.
Water Production performs continuous testing and monitoring of your drinking water from the time it is pumped out of the ground until its delivery at your home. At the Mourning Dove, operators perform 248 water quality analyses each day on your water as it enters the facility, during treatment, and as it enters the transmission and distribution system.
- Is my water safe to drink?
- What makes water look cloudy or milky?
- What is that whitish, flakey build-up I sometimes find on my shower heads or faucet aerators?
- How "hard" is Titusville water?
- A company contacted me and said that I needed to purify my water. Do I?
- I got a notice in the mail that my water should be tested and that a company was conducting free inspections. Do I need to do this? Is this company with the city?
- What is the pH of Titusville's water?
- I received a notice in the mail about getting insurance for the maintenance and repair of my exterior water line. Do I need to do this?